Thursday, February 4, 2010

Windows Security Alerts is giving me false messagesss!!!!?

I have ZoneAlarm Extreme Security on (meaning it has a firewall, and an anti-virus) and Spybot Search and Destroy, but the Windows Security Alerts thing always says my firewall is off, and my malware protection is off..


whats wrong with thatttt??? doesnt ZoneAlarm Extreme Security already HAVE malware protectionn?Windows Security Alerts is giving me false messagesss!!!!?
Are you sure they're running? Just ';having them'; doesn't mean they're running, and one malware attack is to shut down your defenses. Make sure they're actually on the job, usually via their System Notification Area icons on the right of the Taskbar.





Second to that is that they have to let Windows Security Center know they're there. My Norton Internet Security suddenly seems to have lost that ability also. I'm hoping it's just that Microsoft changed the specifications for that interchange of information and Norton/Symantec hasn't caught up yet.





Hope that helps.Windows Security Alerts is giving me false messagesss!!!!?
all the windows security is saying is the default fire wall is deactivated. your newer antivirus probably shut off the windows firewall.
maybe Windows Security Center does not support Zone Alarm Extreme Security


what you can do is disable the warning


control panel%26gt;security center%26gt;change the ways security center alerts me

No comments:

Post a Comment