Thursday, February 4, 2010

Is it possible that placing the EPT pregnancy test window side down can lead to a false negative?

I took a pregnancy test, and after peeing on the stick, I placed it window side down. The directions say to leave it window side up. (got in a hurry and put it down wrong! ugh!)





It has been 5 weeks since I had sex, and I cannot use the method of ';see if I miss my period,'; bc I barely have a period due to taking LoEstrin birth control.





What are the chances that the result is a false negative?Is it possible that placing the EPT pregnancy test window side down can lead to a false negative?
The test will still read correctly.. the urine will still cross the hcg line either way, up or down. Retest just to be sure.Is it possible that placing the EPT pregnancy test window side down can lead to a false negative?
I put mine down (oops) and I still got the correct result. It's possible, but not likely. If you really think it's wrong, I'd recommend getting another test just to be sure. The digital ones are much easier to read and are more accurate so I'd recommend those next time if you didn't try them already. Or you could try going to your obgyn for a blood test, they're super accurate.





Good luck!
prolly not likely..when i took an EPT it INSTANTLY showed the pregnancy sign as soon as i peed on it, i didnt even set it down yet. if you are, you are.
I don't think that would effect the test results.

No comments:

Post a Comment