Thursday, February 4, 2010

Should sellers be liable for false ads on Windows Vista?

For example, I brought a new pair of eye glasses and ordered basically trifocals. But the space was so small for reading that the glasses make me dizzy and are useless. Another day I took my car for repairs. I needed a water pump and radiator to the tune of $900 which I had to borrow half from a friend; four months later the water pump was leaking and I had to shell out another $500 because the first repair was done incorrectly. Then I decided to buy an EMachine with Windows Vista installed. My printer had been working fine but with Vista the fax and scanner no longer functioned. None of this was told to me when I brought the EMachine. Nor was it listed in any of their documentation. So the seller misled me as well as the manufacturer. Then I upgraded to Vista Premium and that knocked out a few programs which I had to reinstall. Still no printer. Now the stores were selling printers 4 in one that say they are compatible with Vista. I shelled out $149. Wireless printer works but I cannot get the regular printer, scanner, fax to work. The software CD as well as the HP website download do not work and the printer software says the Vista with 501 mg memory and virtual memory does not have enough memory to load. Other software on the computer or installed does not even recognize that the USB printer is connected. Why aren't people mad as hell and holding stores liable for false advertising that the product on both ends does not work?Should sellers be liable for false ads on Windows Vista?
Sound like they have sold you something not fit for purpose. You have a right to take it back and demand a refund or it replaced with one that is compatible with Vista (plenty are not). Contact the manufacture of the printer make you want and give them the model number and chech for compatability with Vista before you buy. You could also try downloading the manual for the printer model you are interests in before you but it. That way you get to see if says that its compatible with Vista.





Edit





I agree its disgusting that we get ripped off by misleading manufactures claims. They sell them to us and put stuff in small print, if in any print at all, and then when we complian they say that their box etc says..........I had the same problem with printers. 6 of them where mis-sold. I got my money back but I had to keep installing and unistall untill I felt my life was just installing printers. I now know a bit about printers as a result but all I wanted was a printer that worked as it should. I was mad as hell and I went to trading standards. I got all my money back, they were all from the same shop, and money to cover the cost of having to take them back and fore. Once you buy them they don't want to know unless you kick up a fuss which we should not have to do. Customer services are a joke. They just put you on hold or fob you off.Should sellers be liable for false ads on Windows Vista?
you want to buy a bridge?

No comments:

Post a Comment