Thursday, February 4, 2010

I have uninvited program icons in my Windows Vista notification area. They're giving false security alerts.?

How do I remove them?





These are false alerts, I feel sure, because Scans using Windows Defender come up clean - and scans with McAffee Virus Detection come up clean. But these Shield Icons (look like the Windoed Firewall and Security icons, but a little different) keep warning me of dire consequences if I don't download their $55 fix. One is ';System Security'; and other is NetSpyGuard (or some-such) and another programs keeps feeding pop-ups too: VirusRemoval2008 I think that one is. Anyway - I haven't found how to delete these (don't say right click on them.... they don't respond to right click.) How do I make them stop and go -away?I have uninvited program icons in my Windows Vista notification area. They're giving false security alerts.?
Run system in safe mode and restore your system back to your earliest backup without the proble, then manually clean out your registry of the rootfiles of the program. Check your programfiles for folders of the same name.





I laughed very hard when I read dire consequences for some reason.I have uninvited program icons in my Windows Vista notification area. They're giving false security alerts.?
yikes, i have the same thing just this morning, so will be interested to see how others answer this!

No comments:

Post a Comment