Thursday, February 4, 2010

False Alarm Windows Firewall Pop-ups?

My computer has a Windows XP OS. I have the firewall enabled and I also use Microsoft Forefront Anti-virus software. A few days ago, I got a pop-up from the Firewall saying that it detected the worm Win32.brontok. The option to 'keep blocking'; is not available; the only thing I can click is the ';enable protection'; button, which takes me to a page where I can buy antivirus software (which...I already own and therefore shouldn't need). I ran the Forefront scan, and it said my computer was clean. I researched Win32.brontok and everything I read said that symptoms of the worm are being unable to open the Registry Editor and/or the Task Manager. I can do both. I have Forefront run a scan every day and it has not detected anything, but the Firewall pop-up keeps insisting that I have this worm. Is this a false alarm? Should I be worried? I tried disabling notifications from the Security Center, but the pop-ups keep coming.False Alarm Windows Firewall Pop-ups?
Try some of the steps on this site to see if you can get rid of it.





http://malwarecrusaders.webs.com/Removal鈥?/a>False Alarm Windows Firewall Pop-ups?
It is probably just a piece of adware that is on your computer. Run a virus scan or try downloading a free program called Adaware. Google it for the installer and remember to update it before you run it.
alot of adware things do that . if you get adware on your computer it can do things like say u have a virus and to get rid of it you haveto buy somthing.try going online finding a free adware cleaner
it sounds like the win32 trojan virus. it's a pain, good luck. try this site.


www.malware.net
  • celebrity hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment